(“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it when you consent to us processing your personal data. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), and any amending or superseding legislation within the United Kingdom, the data controller for your personal data is APEX TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LTD , Apex House, Haypark Business Centre, Marchmont Avenue, Polmont FK2 0NZ.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
If you consent to us collecting your personal data then we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
•This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site (www.apextraining.com) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, [time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform]
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number. From a technical point of view, this information is automatically transmitted from your computer, smartphone, or any other electronic device to us. We do not use this information to identify any specific individual. We regularly assess and delete unnecessary information.
Information we receive from other sources.
•This is information we receive from you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site.
•Information from workshops, training events, learning technology and other products and services we provide. This may also include but is not be limited to videos, testimonials, feedback scores, work emails and other necessary business information for the delivery of our services. This is regularly assessed and unnecessary information is deleted
• All calls to Apex are recorded for the purpose of internal customer service training, we only store calls for a 48hr period unless they have a justifiable business case.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us.
We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail ) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for you on your internet connected online device.
• to manage and maintain client relationships.
• to facilitate, manage or deliver our services as a training and development organisation.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will not be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access (ISO27001).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not consenting to have your personal data processed by us or checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data in order to restrict how we may use your personal data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer [Apex House, Haypark Business Centre, Marchmont Avenue, Polmont FK2 0NZ] [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request should be submitted to our Data Protection Officer.